“I appreciate how it was made easy to repeat and use successfully”
“I thought the concept of Icing was a great way to teach kids”
“This was helpful to understand how to teach youth on empathy and the importance”
“It was very interesting and learned a lot in a fun setting”
“Come back for a visit, you have lifted my spirit more than I expected!”
“Simple, to the point, organized”
“My favorite part was that it was all about the youth changing their own thinking, not us trying to give them the answer”
“Organized, handouts were useful, good material overall”
“I liked the concepts in the anger chain. I think the kids would be able to grasp this and relate it well”
“Love the anger meter and hassle logs. I will use these individually in therapy”
“I liked the hand on approach of getting to actually practice the skills”
“The implementation discussion, help save me valuable time as a manager”
“The community implementation was principles directly related the Mental Health Care environment”
“Really appreciate the simplicity of the model; also the building process and repetition”
“I feel both the Trainers work well together and have a passion for this program”
CAN offers several types of Peace4Kids programs and trainings.
1. School wide training for entire staffs.
2. Trainings we set up ourselves in various states. For example, we set up regular trainings at Ridgeview Academy in Denver, Conway Day Treatment in Arkansas and St.Charles, Missouri.These trainings are divided into modules–
* Module 1 is introductory and involves teaching the four components of Peace4Kids including empathy, anger management, social skills and character education plus research behind the program
* Module 2 includes practice in a program set up including student discipline and also specific practice in teaching social skills and moral reasoning
* Module 3 includes practice in empathy and social intelligence, and more extensive practice in anger control. Bullying Stops with Me is also included in Module 3.
* After School Social Competence Programs–we offer regular after school programs where we teach social skills and self control to students. Summer School–We offer a seven week summer school program for at risk students where they learn social competence skills
* Super nanny program–we send staff into at risk homes to teach family organization and effective discipline strategies.
* Organizing the Effective Classroom–we can assist teachers and principals in reorganizing their environments that will help students learn using Feng Shui principles and solid research. Our methods fit well into the PBIS and RTi models of neat work spaces.
* Parent Empowerment–we provide training in conducting parent meetings in school settings
* Model Guidance Programs–our staff helps schools set up the American School Counselor Model (ASCA) by conducting needs assessments and establishing SMART goals and activities to meet those goals.
* Grant writing–we are available to assist districts in developing grants.